Saturday 19 January 2013

Introducing "Inspired By..." Challenge

Good morning!
Hope you are having a great weekend so far. Last night was date night with my hubby :) We went to go see the movie "Silver Linings Playbook". I enjoyed it! Of course, it's your typical chick flick, but I found it quirky, funny, and entertaining. I recommend it if you haven't seen it already!

Today I introduce a second challenge that Karly and I put together. We call it:
 
Each week we choose a photo for inspiration. It can be anything from a delicious dessert to a fun, colourful article of clothing to something seen in nature. We use this photo as inspiration when creating a card/project. This week was Karly's pick:
 

IB #1
 
This is a photo of what's called the "Golden Dragon Roll". It's one of Karly's favourite sushi dishes. I have yet to try sushi. I've heard it's delicious! While seafood has not always been my favourite type of food, it's starting to grow on me! Especially since I've moved out west, crab has become one of my favourite seafood dishes! Sushi is next on the list of foods to try :)
 
At first glance, the colours really stand out in this photo. I decided to create my card using the Stampin Up colours Certainly Celery and Pumpkin Pie. Here is my take on the challenge:
 
 
Doesn't this card remind you of spring? We have been having spring-like temperatures here in Prince George lately, so I thought this card was quite fitting. I just love the pop of orange against the light pastel green! I used tiny tags again - I thought it was the best way to add a sentiment to this layout and they tie perfectly around the striped grosgrain ribbon.
 
 
Take a look at Karly's Creations to see her card based on this photo inspiration! 
 
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Just Believe, Tiny Tags
Paper: Early Espresso, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Old Olive marker
Tools: Ovals Nestabilities, Beautiful Wings embosslit
Accessories: Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (ret.), Early Espresso bakers twine, pearls
 
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the colour combination! Glad you like Silver Linings Playbook :) lol regardless of how corny the dialogue was, Bradley Cooper is still nice to look at :) hehehe oh yes, and you MUST try sushi :) Looking forward to the next Inspired by... Challenge!! :) :P :D

    ReplyDelete