Wednesday 23 January 2013

Perfect Princess and Birthday Shout-Out

While yesterday was a long and somewhat frustrating day at work, on the up side I found out I was one of the chosen winners at Freshly Made Sketches!! This made my day :D
Click here to see my original post and interpretation of this great sketch! Also check out the other top winners at Freshly Made Sketches. There are some beautiful entries!


Now for a birthday shout-out to my nephew, Ryan! He is turning 8 years old today!


I can't believe how grown-up he is! Unfortunately, we don't get to see him often since we live in BC and him and his family are in Ontario. We are sad to miss out on his special day, but we are sending our love!
He is a big Star Wars fan and I wanted to create a card with that theme in mind. I found the perfect card idea on Pinterest and decided to CASE it. Here is my version:


Isn't it great? I'm thinking he's going to love it! To see the original card idea visit Stamped Treasures. I changed mine a bit, but kept the same idea for the Yoda character. I wanted to make the character stand out against the Crumb Cake card base, so I added a Very Vanilla circle behind it. And I love the sentiment stamp from "You're Amazing" stamp set! I thought it fit perfectly with this card.


Card Ingredients:

Stamps: You're Amazing
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Basic Gray, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Tools: Extra-Large Oval punch, Large Oval punch, Word Window punch, Bird Builder punch, Boho Blossom punch, 1/2" circle punch, Crop-a-dile, Circles Nestabilities

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being chosen as a Perfect Princess! With a card like that, it is no wonder why you were chosen! :) Love the yoda card! So creative and perfect for an 8 year old boy (a difficult market). Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete