Sunday 3 February 2013

Birthday Wishes for Karen!

Today I send my best birthday wishes to my sister-in-law, Karen! She is one of the sweetest, down-to-earth people I know. She and her husband, Jon, live in Alberta and have two adorable kids! We don't get to see them often, but have had the opportunity to visit them a couple times since we've lived in BC. Karen and I have a couple things in common -- we both love sweets and shopping! When I come to visit, I know she will have a candy stash somewhere in her house, and we have the best time shopping together! I hope someday we can live at least in the same province so we can get to know each other better.

Here's a picture from a few years ago (2007), spending an afternoon feeding the swans in Stratford, ON.

 
And a recent picture with her adorable daughter, Emma:
 


To let her know that I'm thinking of her on her special day, I made this card for her:

 
I thought it was a perfect card for her - on occasion she loves to have a good tasty cocktail or a glass of wine. I love the Stampin Up "Happy Hour" stamp set. It has a good variety of stamps and fun sentiments. Using a Stamp-a-ma-jig, I lined up the umbrella just so. I cut out the cocktail glass and popped it up with dimensionals. The designer paper comes from the Summer Smooches DSP. I bordered it with dotted scallop ribbon border in Old Olive. The sentiment reads "Here's to you on your birthday!".

 
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Happy Hour
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Tools: Delicate Doilies sizzlit, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Circles Nestabilities, 1-3/8" Circle punch
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's)
 
Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment