Wednesday 6 February 2013

Birthday Wishes for a Special Mother-In-Law!

There have been so many birthdays lately! It seems like every week there is another birthday! I enjoy making cards/projects for each family member's birthday. If I can't be there to celebrate with them, I want to at least let them know I am thinking of them and put a smile on their face :)

Today we celebrate my mother-in-law on her 62nd birthday! She is a very special lady - such a sweet, caring and thoughtful person. She has a big heart! When I married my husband, Kevin, his mother welcomed me into the family like I was her daughter. She made me feel at home everytime we came to visit and still does! I appreciate everything she does for us, even from a distance.



I went to my crafting table and crafted up something nice for her birthday :) Here is the card I made for her:


I love the Blooming with Kindness stamp set. The flower is just so pretty! And the sentiments so elegant! I sometimes find it difficult to coordinate colours with Rich Razzleberry. This time I tried Sahara Sand and I think it's nice and soft against the rich purple. The scallop trim border and embossed background adds to the elegance of the card.

I also sent her a handmade perpetual birthday calendar that I made using Stampin Up cardstock and designer paper. I had it bound by Staples and put ribbon through the binding so that it can be tied at the top and hang from a nail on the wall. Here is a few sample pages from the calendar:


























These type of calendars are so handy! We have one hanging in our bathroom. Weird spot for it, I know, but apparently it's a very Dutch thing to do! I grew up in a Dutch family and we always had a calendar like this one hanging in the bathroom. If you think about it, it's quite a handy spot to have it! Every morning when you wake up and every night before you go to bed, you will always see it :) It's a great reminder for all the many birthdays in our large, growing families. Not sure how else I would keep track!

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Blooming With Kindness
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Tools: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Scallop Trim Border punch, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder
Accessories: Pearl (Michael's)

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. wow, this is gorgeous! What a beautiful job you did! I love it. I am sure she enjoyed it!

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card and perpetual birthday calendar are beautiful- thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete