Sunday 24 February 2013

Deconstructed Sketch #90 {Thanks So Much}

This morning we wake up to more snow and lots of wind. Now is the time of year that I get cabin fever and I'm anxious for the next season... Yesterday almost felt like spring! I went for a walk with our dog, Keta, down the forest service road near our apartment. The sun was shining and it was warm enough to take off my jacket! It was a beautiful day!



 


Another highlight to my Saturday - I got to catch up with my brother and sister-in-law in Uganda! It was so nice to hear their voices and to hear what they have been up to lately. I miss them all so much! I hope one day, my family can all live closer together!
 
For today's card I used the new sketch by Deconstructing Jen. It's a good one! I really like this layout.
 

I created a square 5"x5" card and picked "Spice Cake" designer paper for the 4 squares. While this may not be my favourite designer paper collection, I really like how well it coordinates with Soft Suede and Pool Party in this card:

 
I stamped the Triple Treat Flower in three different colours and layered them. The top layer is popped up using dimensionals and I added a small pearl in the centre. Linen thread is wrapped around the Very Vanilla cardstock. I sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink and added the sentiment "Thanks So Much" to complete the card. 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Triple Treat Flower (ret.), Sincere Salutations (ret.)
Ink: Soft Suede, Pool Party, More Mustard
Tools: Fancy Flower punch, Five Petal Flower punch, 1/2" Circle punch
Accessories: Pearl (Michael's), Linen Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment