Sunday 10 February 2013

Enjoy Every Moment

It's day two of a great long weekend! So nice to know that I don't have to go to work tomorrow! I could get used to 3-day weekends! Yesterday afternoon I went for a walk with my hubby and our dog, Keta. It was such a beautiful winter day! The sun was shining, the snow was sparkling, and the air was fresh.



Today's card is inspired by two card challenges: Deconstructed Sketch and Friday Mashup.



I love this sketch! I decided to mount the sketch on a square 5"x5" card. It was challenging at first to choose a colour combo, but I was actually inspired by the cover I made for my Card Sketches book the other day (click here to see it)! I loved those colours and decided to use them for this card.

The Friday Mashup challenge this week is entitled "What Time Is It?" Lately, I've been finding that time is zooming by! I can never seem to find enough time in a day to complete all that I want to. I am always running from one thing to the next without stopping to 'smell the roses', as they say. I have to remind myself to make each day count and enjoy every moment.

I love the layers in this card. Everything seems to fall into place. I added Crumb Cake designer paper from the Comfort Cafe collection. and paired it with the Early Espresso cardstock and ink. A flower is popped up on the word "enjoy" and embellished with a rhinestone. I made a matching envelope in the Island Indigo polka dot designer paper.
 
 
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment (ret.)
Paper: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Early Espresso, Whisper White, In Colour 2011-2012 DSP, Comfort Cafe DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Tools: Scallop Circle nestabilites, Circle nestabilities, 1/2" circle punch
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's)
 
Thanks for visiting! 




3 comments:

  1. I love the way you thought through the challenge to reach your final card. Thanks for the snow pic too! Our weekend was beautiful and sunny here too. Not today. :( Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful clean and gorgeous card! I love the colors and that bold stamp! I'm so glad you were able to join us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love how you touched on the time concept with out a clock! Great thinking outside the box! The card is PERFECT! Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete