Monday 11 February 2013

Happy Birthday to a Hockey Fan!

Today is BC's first ever Family Day holiday! Unfortunately, my husband has to work today... And I don't really have any family around to spend the day with. So, for me it's not much of a family day, but more of a relaxing, catch-up day. I plan to cross some things off my to-do list and skype with my parents at some point :)

Not only is it Family Day, but it's also a special birthday! My nephew, Jude, turns 11 today!Jude is a smart, fun and active kid! He always has a smile on his face :) 

 


One of his favourite things is hockey. He loves watching the NHL and he loves to play hockey, so I designed and created a card that I thought would be perfect for him!

 
The card front itself is a hockey arena. I found the two logos for Calgary Flames and Toronto Maple Leafs online, printed them and cut them out. The hockey sticks are made from cutting pieces of cardstock and glueing them together (this was the most tedious part!). The sentiment "happy birthday" is stamped, punched out, and popped up using dimensionals. I embellished it with two brads.
 
 

 
Here's wishing Jude a very Happy Birthday!  
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Real Red, Early Espresso
Ink: Night of Navy
Tools: 1-3/4" circle punch, 1-3/8" circle punch, 1-1/4" circle punch, Word Window punch
Accessories: Brads (Michael's)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment