Friday 8 February 2013

KCRR #4 {Faux Patina Technique}

Happy Friday!

One more work day and it's the long weekend for all of us in BC! We get our first ever Family Day on Monday, Feb 11th. For some reason, our Family Day is different than the rest of Canada... But, all the same, I am ecstatic to have an extra stat holiday!

It's time for another card challenge brought to you by:


Here are the two items we randomly chose from our long list of card ingredients:

Faux Patina Technique
Pool Party
 
I was quite excited when these two items were chosen! I love incorporating different techniques in my cardmaking. I have only done the Faux Patina technique once in a card class and haven't tried it since. I just love this technique and hope to try it more often! Here is my card:
 
KCRR #4
 
Faux Patina makes a card look so elegant! I decided to use the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder for the background. I used Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Always Artichoke and Early Espresso to sponge the embossed cardstock. The lighter inks are sponged first and the darker inks accentuate the embossed pattern. I sprayed champagne mist over the whole background to give it a velvety shimmer.
 
 
Tea Shoppe is one of those stamp sets that I love but don't use enough! It fits so well with the elegance of this card. I popped it up on a framelit label and added pearls to embellish it.
 
Hop on over to Karly's Creations to see what she has created for today's KCRR challenge!
 
Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Tea Shoppe
Paper: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Pool Party DSP
Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Champagne Mist Paint
Tools: Labels Collection Framelits die, Word Window Punch, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder
Accessories: Pearls (Michael's)
 
Thanks for visiting! Come back tomorrow for a new "Inspired By..." challenge!






No comments:

Post a Comment