Tuesday 12 February 2013

Mojo 280 {Get Well Wishes}

Well, it's back to work after a great 3-day weekend! I was able to enjoy beautiful sunny weather and catch up with some family members. I also crossed a lot of things off my to-do list, including a handmade V-Day gift for my hubby (to be posted on Thursday!) It will be hard to get up for work tomorrow...

Today's card was inspired by Mojo Monday's sketch:

 
I wasn't too sure what occasion to use for this card, and then I thought of my Mom asking me for a "get well soon" card for her friend. Her closest friend went through a serious back surgery, where they put rods in her back. She is doing well, but it will be a long recovery. I wanted to use soft and subtle colours, yet somewhat cheerful, so I went through my designer series paper and came across "Attic Boutique" DSP. I also chose an elegant, yet simple, flower stamp to use as the main focus of the card. Here is my interpretation of this sketch:

 
I embossed the Pool Party cardstock with a vine design and added Soft Suede taffeta ribbon. The sentiment "get well wishes" is popped up using dimensionals. I've added pearls to embellish the card.

 
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Love & Sympathy, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Soft Suede, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Attic Boutique DSP, Brights DSP
Ink: Soft Suede
Tools: Scallop Border punch, Word Window punch, Vine embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
Accessories: Soft Suede taffeta ribbon, pearls (Michael's)
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment