Monday 18 February 2013

So Worth the Wait

It was another fresh February day in PG yesterday! Took Keta for a walk down the forest service road near our neighbourhood - she loves to run freely! Was good for her to get some exercise and get rid of some energy. I also enjoyed getting some fresh air!


 
Today's card is created using a new sketch from Retro Sketches and a theme challenge from the Paper Players:
 
 
 
This sketch was a bit challenging at first glance, but pairing it with a theme like the one from Paper Players inspired me! Baby cards are always fun to make and I love adding buttons and bows to my cards! This is what I came up with:
 
 
I created a square 5"x5" card. I used designer paper from the Twitterpated DSP collection for the background. A piggy is stamped in Rose Red and popped up on a circle/scallop circle. Small Blushing Bride buttons are added as embellishments and I tied a small bow with Bakers twine for the piggy's ear. The sentiment "so worth the wait" completes the card. Doesn't it make an adorable card for welcoming a new baby girl? 

 


I created a matching envelope using the Twitterpated DSP.
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Button Buddies, Word Play
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red
Tools: Circle nestabilities, Scallop Circle nestabilities
Accessories: Twitterpated buttons (Blushing Bride), Early Espresso striped baker's twine
 
Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so adorable Charissa! I love that fun image, thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful color combination! This is a perfectly adorable card, Charissa. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charissa, that sweet piggy just makes me smile! Love the little bow and the clean layout. So fun and a perfect card to welcome a new baby. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this, Charissa! I would have never thought of using this image for a baby card...and it is just perfect! So clever and creative! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete