Wednesday 27 March 2013

A Birthday Card for a Sweet 2-Year Old

Since my hubby is out of town for work for a couple days, I hope to take this opportunity to make a lot of papercrafts for the upcoming craft fair. Last night, after cleaning a pile of dishes and organizing a bit more of my crafting supplies, I completed a few more Z-fold cards. Hope to get more done tonight!

Today is a special birthday - our neice, Jocelyn, turns 2 today! I met Jocelyn a couple times, but don't know her very well (one of the reasons I dislike living so far from home! My neices and nephews grow up way too fast!). From what I hear, she is an adorable, funny little girl. Here's wishing her the best 2nd birthday!


For her card, I played along with Sweet Sunday Sketch. I wanted to make it bright and colourful, so I chose Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango - love these colours together! And what better stamp set to use for a cute 2-year old, than "Forest Friends"!


 
I fussy-cut each of the animals and popped them up using dimensionals. I added a matching button with bakers twine to complete the card.
 
 
Thanks for looking!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Forest Friends, Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Brights DSP, Regals DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Tools: 1" Square Punch, 1-1/4" Square Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch
Accessories: Tangerine Tango button (Sale-A-Bration), White Bakers Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment