Sunday 17 March 2013

A Housewarming Card

Saturday was a relaxing day at home. I had a great chat with my sister, Esther, on skype. I miss her! I also finished a big part of our road trip planning - booking the campsites and hotels. I can't believe our trip is less than 3 months away! And I got a good start on scrapbooking. I'm currently working on Kevin's career album which includes his experience at Fleming College to volunteering with the OPP to his exciting career as a Fisheries Officer. It will be great when it's all done! We ended the day with a fun animated movie called 'Wreck-it Ralph' and green margaritas (the extent of our St. Paddy's celebration)...


Today's card is a housewarming card. I made it for our new Pastor at our church. He moved to Prince George about a year ago, recently bought a house here and is now being ordained as the full-time pastor for Prince George CRC. We are having a potluck at the church this afternoon to welcome him to PG and to our church. I was asked to make a card for the congregation to give to him with a gift card to Home Depot. I did some Pinterest searching for housewarming card ideas and came across this front door card. What a fun idea! I used this card as inspiration and made my own version. 


I'm very happy with the results! I embossed the 'door' with a woodgrain design. The knocker on the door was cut free-hand and a brad was added to the center. I didn't have any large black or brown brads for the door knob, but I did have some large brads leftover from last Sale-A-Bration. The only problem was they were bright colours, so I coloured it with a black sharpie:) Strips of Very Vanilla cardstock were used to create the siding behind the door. I completed the card with a welcome mat and a flower pot with geraniums. 


A pocket was made with the top note die and put on the inside of the card to hold the gift card. (I slid a Tim Horton's gift card in the pocket just to show what it looks like :))


Thanks for visiting! 

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Fabulous Phrases, Tool Shed
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, light grey, Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Black Sharpie
Tools: Woodgrain embossing folder, Circles nestabilities, 1" Square punch, 1/2" Circle punch, Bird Builder Punch, Itty Bitty punch, Top Note Die
Accessories: Brad (Michael's), Large Brad (Stampin Up)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this card! It is the perfect house-warming card.. I expect to see a CASE or two of this one in the future :)

    ReplyDelete