Monday 18 March 2013

Happy Birthday Wishes for a Friend


It's the start of a new week -- with the first day of spring coming up in a couple days (yay!) We had a great weekend  (so nice to be able to spend some time with my hubby!).

Today is my friend, Steph's birthday! Steph and I were super close friends in highschool. We did almost everything together! Since then we have drifted apart, but still keep in contact every once in a while. I do miss our friendship. We created some great memories together! Here's a couple pictures of the good times we had:

Sunbathing at the beach on Lake Erie

Lake Michigan - on a SERVE mission trip
 
I made a bright colourful card for her birthday, playing along with Try Stamping on Tuesday. They have a sketch for their challenge this week.
 

I really like this sketch! It's clean and simple but has potential for layers and patterns. I used my favourite colour combo - Island Indigo and Pool Party and this is what I came up with:


 
I love the added touch of Calypso Coral to complement the teal blues. The humming bird and one of the flowers are popped up to give it some dimension. I added rhinestones for some 'bling' to complete the card.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Bloomin Marvelous, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Sycamore Street DSP
Tools: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Large Oval punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Boho Blossom punch
Accessories: Calypso Coral ruffled ribbon, rhinestones (Michael's)




2 comments:

  1. Hi Charissa, this is a beautiful card. I am sure your friend will love getting such a gorgeous card. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love the clean lines and colours you have used. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete