Sunday 31 March 2013

In Memory Of...

Happy Easter!

Today is a day to be joyful and a day to mourn. I think of Kevin's Oma. It will be a difficult day for his family, but I'm so glad they can all be together to celebrate her life. And as Kevin's brother said, it is fitting that we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord this weekend. We can be comforted to know that Oma is now with her husband, and with her Heavenly Father.


Today's post is a sympathy card for Kevin's parents. I followed the Deconstructed Sketch this week. It has potential for lots of layers! I also picked the colour combo from The Play Date Cafe, but added one more colour as I had a hard time incorporating just 3 colours in this sketch.

 
 
This is a nice soft and subtle colour combo - perfect for a sympathy card. I used Perfect Plum, So Saffron and Very Vanilla. I saw light green in the inspirational photo, so I decided to add Certainly Celery as the 4th colour. I added strips of designer paper for the top half and embellished the bottom half with Certainly Celery ribbon. The sentiment is stamped in Elegant Eggplant within an oval embossed frame. Stamped flowers and leaves border the frame.
 
 

 
Thanks for visiting. Have a blessed Easter!
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Love and Sympathy, Bloomin Marvelous (Sale-A-Bration 2013)
Paper: So Saffron, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Subtles DSP
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Embossed Oval Frame, Bird Builder punch
Accessories, Certainly Celery ribbon (ret.), pearls (Michael's)

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I love the colors you used, that bit of green and violet are a nice combination together! I'm so glad you were able to join us for DS95!

    ReplyDelete