Saturday 23 March 2013

Inspired By... Adorable Dresses!

Had a great start to the weekend yesterday -- we were let off work early - love days like that! I also had a very productive evening. I completed a few Z-fold Mother's Day cards and got a good start on some purse gift card holders. I decided to make the Z-fold cards in all different colours to give people some choice at the craft show. I love how they turned out!


Today is going to be another productive day – I can just feel it! In addition to some housecleaning, I hope to do a lot of papercrafting. I’d like to add to my stock of Mother’s Day cards, complete several gift card holders and get started on some masculine/Father’s Day cards. We’ll see how far I get! Tonight we plan on heading over to the Aquatic Centre. In the 2 years we’ve lived here, we have never been! Apparently they have a lazy river, a large hot tub, saunas...  It’ll be a great way to relax and beat the winter blues!
It’s time for a new inspirational photo!

It was my choice this week. I found this photo on Etsy. These adorable little girl dresses are made by Fairy Free Designs (check out their etsy shop - such cute items!).

IB #10
This photo inspired me to create a baby girl greeting card with cute little punch art dresses! Here’s how it turned out:

Adorable, right?  I used the Tab punch for the top part of the dress and scallop circle nestabilities for the skirt. I ‘pleated’ the skirt by scoring at the valley of every scallop, if that makes sense. I then added crochet ribbon and ¼” taffeta ribbon around the waist of each dress. The cute sentiment “welcome, baby” with pearls on the scallop circle complete the card.

 
Hop on over to Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her! 
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Petite Pairs
Paper: Blushing Bride, Regal Rose, Whisper White, In-Colour 2011-2013 DSP
Ink: Regal Rose
Tools: Tab punch (ret.), Scallop Circle nestabilities, Scallop Circle punch, 1-1/4” Circle punch
Accessories: Victoria Crochet ribbon, ¼” taffeta ribbon (Marina Mist and Regal Rose), Pearls (Michael’s)

No comments:

Post a Comment