Saturday 2 March 2013

Inspired By... a Delicious Cocktail and Sending out Birthday Wishes!

SO glad this work week is over! It was a long week full with ups and downs... I'm ready to lay low this weekend. Looking forward to a girls night tonight!  

One thing that did make my day today -- my order from Close to My Heart arrived! While I do order most of my supplies from Stampin Up, I occasionally like to see what other stamping companies have to offer. Here's a pic of my new goodies:


Can't wait to start stampin tomorrow! Tonight I got caught up on some laundry and did some more trip planning. I didn't realize how much time it would take to plan this trip! Because we only have 2 weeks to travel roughly 7,500 km (wow!), we have to make sure it is mapped out perfectly so we can see all the things we want to see!

Today is my childhood friend's birthday - Lori Reid! We have been friends since 1st grade. We were inseparable all throughout grade school, had a blast in high school and were roomies for our first year of university. While today we may not be as close as we used to be, we still keep in touch. I miss her and hope we can have a closer friendship again someday! Here's a  couple photos I found of the two of us from back in the day:



Today's card is the birthday card I sent to Lori. Hope it arrived there on time!


IB #7
 
This week's photo was chosen by Karly. It's a picture of a delicious Raspberry Kiwi Crush beverage from Moxie's. Mmmmm... so tasty!
 
I thought of the "Happy Hour" stamp set when I saw this photo. At first I wasn't quite sure how to incorporate this into a card.. but I looked at the colours and thought of Primrose Petals and Daffodil Delight and this is what I came up with:
 

I love the end result! It's such a cheery card! I used markers to colour half of the cocktail stamp in Daffodil Delight and half in Rose Red. I thought this resembeled the Raspberry Kiwi Crush quite well! While it may not look too much like kiwi, I think it's still looks delicious!  I added a fun swirl from the "Priceless" retired stamp set and a few large rhinestones to embellish the card. The argyle print designer paper is from the Patio Party DSP collection and I added an eyelet border in Daffodil Delight.


 
Thanks for visiting! Make sure to stop by Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Happy Hour, Priceless (ret.)
Paper: Primrose Petals, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Rose Red, Daffodil Delight marker, Rose Red marker
Tools: 1-3/8" Circle punch, Scallop Circle punch, Eyelet Border punch, Corner Rounder punch (Creative Memories)
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment