Saturday 16 March 2013

Inspired By... Shoes & Purses!

I love Saturdays! This is the day I sleep in, lounge around in my comfy clothes, catch up on housework, do some shopping, go for a walk, and papercraft! I'm hoping to start scrapbooking again today! It's been SO long. I've really gotten into the cardmaking groove this past year and I have neglected my scrapbooks... I really miss it!

I’m so excited for this week’s ‘Inspired By...’ challenge!


Karly chose a fun, colourful photo of matching shoes and purses – a girl’s best friend!


What a great inspirational photo! While I, myself, don’t like wearing high heels (only because I’m already tall!), I do love a pretty-looking shoe! I wanted to be extra creative with this challenge so I decided to make a card in the shape of a shoe! I was inspired by Stamping T's shoe cards. I followed her template and created my own. I then simply added cardstock, designer paper and a bow to embellish it. I LOVE it!

 

This shoe card is not complete without a handbag to match it. So, I created a purse gift card holder! I found a super easy tutorial at Krafting Kreations. All it takes is a card base, the top note die, ribbon and velcro! And then decorate however you would like. For mine, I added a stamped ‘button/clasp’ with a silver brad to the front of the purse and embossed the base of the purse with the Fancy Fan embossing folder.

 
 
How fun is that?? I am definitely going to be making more of these in different colours and patterns!
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to check out Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!
 
Shoe Card Ingredients:
Paper: Blushing Bride, Pool Party, In-Colour 2011-2013 DSP
Accessories: Pool Party satin ribbon (Sale-A-Bration)

Purse Gift Card Holder Ingredients:
Stamps: Elementary Elegance (ret.)
Paper: Pool Party, Island indigo
Ink: Island Indigo
Tools: Top Note Die, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Crop-a-dile
Accessories: Pool Party ruffled ribbon, silver brad

No comments:

Post a Comment