Saturday 9 March 2013

Inspired By... a Tulip Field!

Oh how I love weekends! Had a great 9 hr sleep :) Last night I enjoyed a dinner out at Earl's with my hubby. I had Chicken and Field Mushroom Fettucini and Kevin had Dungeness Crab and Asparagus Linguini. They were both delicious! I actually finished my plate! Usually I take home a 'doggy bag', but it was just too yummy :) We went over our trip plans together and we're getting more and more excited about it. It's only 3 months away! I have a feeling it's going to fly by!

Today is supposed to be a gorgeous day! We're expecting a bit warmer weather and sunshine! Hoping to go for a walk later today.

Now for a new challenge....

It was my pick this week and I chose a beautiful photo of tulip fields. This picture was taken by my brother when he was in Holland a number of years ago. I had the opportunity to go to Holland when I was 15 with my parents and my younger sister. It was a fun experience! We didn't get to tour around too much because we had so many relatives to visit, but we still got to see the typical Dutch windmills and cobblestone streets. I would love to go back there again someday, especially when the tulips are blooming!

IB #8

I knew exactly how I was going to incorporate these tulips into my card. I picked an older sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketches and chose the colours that I saw in the photo: Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight. What a fantastic colour combo! Here's what I came up with:

 
I love how it turned out! I created tulips using punch art. The tulip flower is made from three punched-out wings from the Bird Builder punch. They are the perfect shape for a tulip! I free-hand cut the stems and the leaves are also from the Bird Builder punch. A strip of Tangerine Tango designer paper from the Summer Smooches collection covers the bottom half of the card.  I added some detail by creating a scalloped edge border with an embossed stitch design.
 


 
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to visit Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!

Just a reminder....









Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Tools: Bird Builder punch, 1-1/4" Circle punch, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Scallop Border punch, Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder



No comments:

Post a Comment