Friday 22 March 2013

KCRR #10 {From My Heart to Yours}

Happy Friday!

Not too long ago I heard about a craft show coming up at the end of April at a local elementary school. I've been going back and forth trying to decide if I should have a booth at this show. I did quite a few craft fairs last fall/winter and had a lot of fun doing them! On the other hand, it took a lot of time and effort to prepare for them. So after much thought, I decided to go ahead and participate in this one!  It's April 21st, so I have exactly one month to make as many handmade papercraft items as I can! My goal is to make a couple cards/projects each night during the work week and then approx. 20 items each weekend (if possible!). We don't have much planned between now and then so that will give me lots of time!

Time for a new card challenge with KCRR!



We picked two items this week and they complement each other quite well!

'P.S. I Love You' Stamp Set
Rose Red

Ok, so if you have seen this stamp set, you will know that it is related to Valentine's day. This was a challenge in itself, to try and find a way to use it without making it a Valentine's Day card (of course, there's no rules against making a Valentine's Day card!). I try to make cards for upcoming events or all occasions. The sentiments in this stamp set can work for Anniversary or Wedding or just a simple love card to give to that special person in your life. I decided to use the sentiment "from my heart to yours." I kept it clean and simple and added just a touch of Rose Red with the neutral colours.

I used a sketch from Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge as a guide.

 
And here's my card:
 
KCRR #10
 
I love the layout. I deviated a bit from the actual sketch and added a bit more detail The Rose Red sentiment and sponging on the hearts adds a splash of colour. I used burlap ribbon from Close to My Heart for the strip in the background. A doily cut out is sponged with Crumb Cake ink, as well as the edges of the card front. A pearl adds a perfect embellishment to the card.
 


 
Thanks for looking! Head on over to Karly's Creations to see her take on this challenge!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: P.S. I Love You
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Ink: Crumb Cake, Rose Red
Tools: Delicate Doilies Sizzlit, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Heart to Heart punch
Accessories: Burlap Ribbon (CTMH), Pearl (Michael's) 



No comments:

Post a Comment