Friday 1 March 2013

KCRR #7 {Elements of Style and...}

Am I ever glad it's Friday! Yesterday was one of those days...By the end of the day I was happy to go home to my puppy who always has a way of cheering me up! Here's hoping today is much better!

I have to get used to a quiet house again! Makes a difference when my hubby isn't home. The last I heard from him was a text as he was boarding the plane from Vancouver to QCI. He will be on a boat all week which means no cell reception.. :( I made a long to-do list for myself, so that should hopefully make the week go by quickly!

Now for today's KCRR Challenge...


The two elements that were randomly chosen are:

Elements of Style Stamp Set
French Filigree Stamp Set
 
At first, I thought 'two stamp sets? how is that going to work?' But, these actually coordinate quite well together! French Filigree makes a great background stamp. I don't use it often enough! Elements of Style has that same type of elegance. Here's what I came up with:
 
KCRR #7
 
French Filigree was stamped in Crumb Cake for the background. I kept the flowers and humming bird as the central focus of the card. They are stamped in Early Espresso. The flowers and leaves are coloured using a blender pen. I love how this 'technique' makes it look like it was painted in watercolour! The humming bird is popped up to give some dimension. I added Early Espresso taffeta ribbon and the sentiment "happy Birthday wishes" with pearls to complete the card.
 
 
 
Make sure to hop over to Karly's Creations to see how she creatively incorporated these two elements in her card!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: French Filigree (ret), Elements of Style, Petite Pairs
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso, Rose Red, Old Olive, So Saffron marker
Tools: Scallop Circles nestabilities, Circles nestabilities, 1" Circle punch
Accessories: 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, Pearls (Michael's)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Love it! Great job using the elements in, quite possibly, the most elegant way possible. The recipient of this card will surely be pleased! :)

    ReplyDelete