Friday 15 March 2013

KCRR #9 {Peek-a-Boo Owl}

Happy Friday!

There may be another dump of snow on the ground this morning, but I'm not going to let that bring me down! Fridays are good days. It's the end of a long week and the beginning of the weekend! And... I get to see my hubby tonight! Hopefully this time he'll stick around for a while :)

It's time for a new card challenge!


We decided to randomly choose 3 items (instead of the usual 2) from our list to make it a little more interesting:

Woodgrain Embossing Folder
Large Oval Punch
2 Colours Only (*neutrals are also welcome)
 
I found these elements to be quite easy to work with! I decided to incorporate the Dynamic Duos colour combo in this card as well (even though the challenge is closed).
 
 
Love these two colours together! What a great reminder that spring is on the way :)
I used Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip as the neutrals along with these two colours. When I see woodgrain, I think of nature, trees, etc. So I used the woodgrain embossed cardstock as a tree trunk. I punched a large hole in it and used the Owl Builder punch to create a cute little owl peeking out of the tree - love it! I simply added a birthday sentiment with Pool Party bakers twine to complete the card.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Visit Karly's Creations to see how she incorporated these three elements in her card :)
 
Also, make sure to stop by tomorrow for a new 'Inspired By...' challenge - it's going to be a good one!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Made For You
Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Whisper White, Basic Black, In-Colour 2011-2013 DSP, Neutrals DSP
Ink: Pool Party
Tools: Owl Builder Punch, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval punch, Scallop Border punch, 1-3/4" Circle punch
Accessories: Pool Party bakers twine


1 comment:

  1. So adorable! I absolutely love it! (so gotta get that punch!)

    ReplyDelete