Wednesday 13 March 2013

Mojo Monday #284 & Paper Players #136

Yesterday was another productive day at work (I'm on a roll!)... let's see if I can keep this motivation going all week. I'll keep you posted. :)

Last night I went to another one of Cass' fabulous card classes. Cass is my upline with Stampin Up. Even though I am technically a demonstrator, I don't have the time or space to hold my own classes so I attend her classes :) I love it. Not only do we make beautiful cards, it's also a time of laughter and good times with the ladies. Here's what we created:

 
Aren't these cards gorgeous?! Cass did a wonderful job designing these. (The image in the back is a bit blurry.. it's a large tag with a handmade pouch - so adorable!)
 
 
For today's card, I decided to play along with Mojo Monday and Paper Players. It's another great Mojo sketch and Paper Players has a nice spring colour combo this week!
 
 

To be honest, I really struggled with this challenge! I didn't know how to incorporate all four colours in this Mojo sketch. So, I can't say it's one of my favourite cards, but it turned out pretty good I think!

 

I used Early Espresso for the card base and for one of the layers. The background is Regal Rose designer paper (I originally had Lucky Limeade designer paper, but thought there was too much green, so I changed it :)). I punched out the bird from the Bird Builder punch and popped up the wing. I embossed the white piece of cardstock with the Elegant Lines embossing folder and lightly sponged it with Regal Rose ink to make the embossed lines stand out a bit more. As if that pink wasn't enough, I coloured the three rhinestones with a pink sharpie :)

 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Early Espresso, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Brights DSP
Ink: Regal Rose
Tools: 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Circles nestabilities, Bird Builder punch, Scallop Border punch, Word Window punch, Elegant Lines embossing folder
Accessories: Pool Party ruffled ribbon, Rhinestones (Michael's)

2 comments:

  1. Just lovely! That Regal Rose DP makes such a striking background! Beautiful! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you may have struggled, but you ended up with a pretty card. I love the pink dsp and your layout is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete