Monday 25 March 2013

Monochromatic Pinks and a Triple Challenge

It's a 4-day work week! Crazy how early Easter is this year! But I'm not complaining :) Nice to have a stat holiday in March. I've had quite the productive weekend. Made lots of Mother's Day cards, gift card holders and my latest paper creation -- flower pot cards! I love these!


Definitely making more of these for the upcoming craft show! I found simple instructions on how to make these here.

For today's card I combined a couple challenges. Dynamic Duos has a monchromatic colour combo this week and Friday Mashup has a triple challenge (brayering, sketch, and butterflies).






1. Make a project using the "Sketch".
2. Or Make a project using "Butterflies & Your Brayer".
3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with "your Brayer using the Sketch and add some Butterflies"
 
I decided to mash it up and use all three along with the monochromatic pinks. This challenge encouraged me to take out my brayer (it was still in its original package!). I love sponging, but brayering is definitely an easier way to spread ink over a larger surface. I embossed Whisper White cardstock with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder and brayered it with Crumb Cake ink. I like how it makes the embossed image stand out.
 
I added Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink designer paper for the background. I completed the card with butterflies and taffeta ribbon. I think it makes the perfect birthday card for a little girl!
 

 
Thanks for stopping by! 
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Brights DSP, Subtles DSP
Ink: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose
Tools: Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder
Accessories: Regal Rose 1/8" taffeta ribbon, rhinestones (Michael's)
 

4 comments:

  1. A very pretty card, Charissa! I love the effect you created with your brayering - thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I couldn't tell your background was brayered. That's fantastic coloring! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use with the embossing folders. I like how the embossed image stands out. The color combo is great with the butterflies too. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how your embossed background came out - fabulous effect! And the butterflies with this colour combo look so striking! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup and Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete