Friday 12 April 2013

Birthday Wishes for My Big Sis and a New KCRR Challenge!

Today I give a special birthday shout-out to my lovely sister, Monique!! She is such a beautiful person inside and out - so sweet, caring and thoughtful. Even though I don't get to see her often, we try to keep in touch as much as we can. I miss her! She is an amazing artist living in the beautiful country of Scotland. One day, I hope to visit her there! But for now I'm sending her birthday hugs and kisses from afar :)


I did send her a card, but I will post another time, as she hasn't received it yet! :)

 

Now on to today's KCRR challenge!
 
 
This week we randomly chose the following two elements:
 
Midnight Muse
Congratulations
 
I have to say... this one was quite a challenge for me! I think what was throwing me off was the sentiment "Congratulations". I usually associate this sentiment with wedding, graduation, or a baby card. But, I probably wouldn't turn to Midnight Muse as my first choice for any of these themes. Soo... after some sketching in my card sketch book, brainstorming and seeing the colour combo with Play Date Cafe, I was inspired!
 
 
What a great colour combo! And I think that Midnight Muse is a good resemblance of the blue in this inspirational photo. I used an older sketch (unfortunately, I can't remember the source) and put together layers of designer paper and cardstock to create this card: 
 
KCRR#13
 
 
I love how the orange colour just pops out of the card!
 
Thanks for visiting! Make sure to stop by Karly's Creations to see how she incorporated these two elements in her project!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Fundamental Phrases
Paper: Midnight Muse, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Regals DSP, Comfort Cafe DSP
Ink: Midnight Muse
Tools: Circles nestabilities, Scallop Circles nestabilities
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie button, Navy Bakers Twine (CTMH)

1 comment:

  1. The picture of you and your sister is beautiful! I also love your card! I love all of the patterns and the way you used the circles! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete