Sunday 28 April 2013

Craft Fair Highlights and Inspired By... Beautiful Lilies!

Yesterday was a busy day! I had a booth at the Spring Home & Health Fair here in Prince George. There were lots of great vendors promoting their home businesses. It wasn't as big a turnout as I thought it would be, but I still had a lot of interested people visit my table! Here are a few pictures of my display:


I'm glad I get to experience these craft fairs at different times of the year, but I've discovered fall/winter is the best time to take part in craft fairs. A lot of people aren't looking for cards in the Spring. Soon, I think I'm going to start focusing on Halloween and Christmas items for the fall. I've got a good start on all occasion greeting cards!
After a long day of manning a booth, Kevin and I went on a movie date to see G.I. Joe in 3D. It was actually a pretty good movie! It kept me entertained :) Afterwards, I completed the day with creating a card for our "Inspired By..." challenge. I find it's always nice to wind down at my crafting table after a long day.

Karly chose a beautiful inspirational photo of stargazing lilies from her garden (taken last year).

IB #15
 
Aren't they gorgeous?? I love how vibrant the colours are. I was inspired to create punch art lilies and use the bright pinks in my card. Here's how it turned out:
 
 
It may not be the same type of lilies as the photo, but I just love how these calla lilies turned out! And they were super easy to make. All you need is the Build a Blossom punch, a stylus, and the Owl Builder punch. Punch out the 2nd smallest petal and curl in the edges using the stylus. Punch out the small heart from the Owl Builder punch, cut it in half and glue it to the center of the petal (this creates the spike in the middle of the flower). Then, simply glue both edges of the petals together and voila! I cut my own stalks in Certainly Celery and used the leaves from the Bird Builder punch.
 
I created the layout by following the new sketch by My Favourite Things. I really love this layout and will probably turn to it more often for inspiration.
 

 
Thanks for visiting!
 

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight, Subtles DSP
Ink: Melon Mambo
Tools: Build a Blossom punch, Owl Builder punch, Bird Builder punch, Scallop Edge border punch
Accessories: Regal Rose 1/4" taffeta ribbon



No comments:

Post a Comment