Friday 19 April 2013

KCRR #14 {A Bridal Shower Card}

Yesterday was a somewhat eventful day in Prince George. A bomb threat was called in downtown, businesses were evacuated and most of the street was blocked off for the morning. They had dogs sniff the area, but nothing was found. Kind of scary! I had to drop off my hubby at the surgery centre downtown. The building happened to be right next to the area that was blocked off. Luckily they had not been evacuated and he was still able to have his surgery (Kevin injured his knee a couple years ago and had to have a minor surgery to remove the cartilage). I'll be giving him lots of TLC the next couple weeks! Here's hoping its a speedy recovery!



Well it's Friday (finally!), which means it's time for a new KCRR challenge!


This week we randomly chose the following two elements, which happened to both be stamp sets:

Rain or Shine
Tiny Tags

It took me a while to figure out what I was going to do with these two elements. I thought 'bridal shower' would be a good theme. I was inspired by Friday Mashup's sketch challenge this past week and decided to use part of it. I struggled a bit with a colour combo (I changed my mind on thecolour of the base of the card 3 times!), but after choosing More Amore designer paper, I worked around it. In the end I love how it turned out!

 

I love the colour combo of Basic Gray and Pool Party together. I stamped 'raining' small hearts around the umbrella for the bridal 'shower' theme - fun, right? I used the tiny tag sentiment 'love' and stamped it in Real Red to make it stand out a bit. Pool Party striped bakers twine is a nice added embellishment to this card.

 
 
 
Thanks for looking! Make sure to hop on over to Karly's Creations to see how she used these two elements in her card (I've already seen it and it's a fun and colourful card!)
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Rain or Shine, Tiny Tags
Paper: Basic Gray, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, More Amore DSP
Ink: Real Red, Pool Party, Basic Gray
Tools: Tiny Tag punch, Scallop Border punch
Accessories: Pool Party bakers twine

No comments:

Post a Comment