Monday 8 April 2013

Mother's Day Geraniums

Before I show you my card today, I want to introduce you to my sister's blog -- An Adventure Called Teaching. It's her first year of teaching and she writes about her experiences as a Grade 2 teacher and an Art teacher. She has lots of creative ideas and makes an excellent teacher, in my opinion :) Check out her latest post on dinosaurs!  

I am entering the Try Stampin' On Tuesday sketch challenge today. Here's the sketch:


It has some great layers! I decided to make another Mother's Day card. Remember seeing those geraniums before? A few weeks ago, I made a housewarming card with a pot of geraniums (click here to see the original post). I've been meaning to put them on a Mother's Day card and thought this sketch would be perfect. Here's my card:

 
I embossed a stitched design on the card front, added layers of designer paper and cardstock and made the pot of geraniums as the central focus. The flower pot is cut free hand, the leaves are from the Bird Builder punch, and the geraniums are created using one of the itty bitty punches. Even though it's got some layers, I think it is a nice clean and simple card.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Whisper White, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Birds of a Feather DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Tools: Needlepoint Embossing Folder, Bird Builder Punch, Itty Bitty punch


No comments:

Post a Comment