Tuesday 16 April 2013

Retro Sketch Challenge #59 {Happy I Do Day}

I was just thinking the other day about our upcoming road trip along the west coast. It's less than two months away! I have booked all the lodging and main events and created a day-to-day itinerary of all the things that we must see! It's going to be an awesome trip! This past weekend I booked a snorkeling tour in La Jolla Cove, California. I am especially excited for this since I've never snorkeled before! We get to see tiger sharks up close - how cool is that?!

For today's card, I decided to do something clean and simple, yet elegant. I got my inspiration from the Retro Sketches challenge this week. I love the simplicity of this sketch.


I decided to make an elegant wedding card using this sketch. The flowers reminded me of Stampin Up's flower trim ribbon and I thought they would fit perfectly in the design of my card. I used Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla colour combo. I don't like a lot of white space in my cards, so I decided to stamp the background with the French Filigree stamp -- perfect for a wedding card, I think!

 

 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Word Play, French Filigree (ret.)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Ink: Crumb Cake
Accessories: Flower Trim Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment