Saturday 13 April 2013

This Week's Highlights and Inspired By... a Retro Pattern!

It was so great to sleep in this morning! After a looongg week at work, it's something I look forward to! Today is going to be a day dedicated to my papercrafts. Only one week left until the craft fair and I feel like I have so much to do in so little time!

Here are some of this week's highlights: 

1) This card won two challenges! Click here to see the original post.


It was a 'goddess pick' at Stampin Royalty and winner of the My Favourite Things sketch challenge! 

2)  The mini album I made this past week was a top pick at Friday Mashup! Click here to see my original post.


3) The gift tag set I made a while ago was chosen as a Deconstructed Sketch favourite! Click here to see my original post.


Now onto this week's "Inspired By..." challenge:

Karly chose a photo that she took of an ottoman for this week's inspirational photo. It has a great retro pattern and nice spring colours!

IB #13
 
It took me a while to think of how I would incorporate this pattern into a card. But, after looking through the challenges this week, I came across a sketch challenge by CAS(E) This Sketch! and was inspired to create a clean and simple card with bright coloured flowers, just like in the photo. Here's what I came up with:
 


When I first completed it, I wasn't too happy with it, but it's growing on me! I like how the flowers really stand out against the simple background. There is quite a bit of white space in this card, which I'm not used to, but I think the addition of the stamped sentiment and dotted border fills some of that white space and draws attention to the flowers.

 
 
Thanks for visiting! Make sure to hop on over to Karly's blog -- Karly's Creations -- to see how this photo inspired her :)
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: One of a Kind (ret.), Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Subtles DSP
Ink: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
Tools: Boho Blossom punch, 1/2" Circle punch
Accessories: Rhinestone (Michael's)

1 comment:

  1. So pretty - I love how the flowers really pop against the green! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete