Saturday 11 May 2013

Inspired By... a Fabulous Outfit!

Welcome to a new challenge with:

For today's inspirational photo, Karly chose a photo of a fabulous outfit - a fun fashionable dress with matching shoes, purses, and cherry jewelry - love it!


It took me a bit to figure out how I would use this picture as inspiration for a card. I knew for sure that I would use Real Red as the main colour and I wanted to somehow incorporate the cherries in my card. I decided to create a really girly birthday card using punch art. Here's what I came up with:

 
I created a dress using Scallop Circle nestabilities, layering polka dot designer paper on top of the white. The scalloped edges are sponged with Real Red ink to make it stand out against the white background.  I wrapped red satin ribbon around the waist -- I thought the ribbon slider would be a perfect resemblance of a belt buckle (I've been meaning to use these for a while now!). The small purse is created using the Tab punch and the smallest oval nestability for the handle (a small oval punch would work as well). The sentiment is stamped and cut into a flag shape. The card front is embossed with Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.
 

 


Thanks for visiting! Make sure to hop on over to Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Made For You, Create a Cupcake
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Brights DSP
Ink: Real Red
Tools: Scallop Circles nestabilities, Tab punch (ret.), Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
Accessories: Ribbon Slider

No comments:

Post a Comment