Friday 17 May 2013

Inspired By... A Tea Cozy!

It's Friday! And that much closer to the long weekend! This weekend will be a catch-up weekend for me. First and foremost, I have plans to get caught up on Grey's Anatomy (I can't believe how far behind I am!), then I hope to finalize our trip plans (it's coming up in just 3 weeks!), and possibly start scrapbooking again. Monday we hope to check out Barkerville for the day, depending on the weather. Barkerville was the main town of the Cariboo Gold Rush in British Columbia and is preserved as a historic town. It will be neat to see all the exhibits and learn about the history of the gold rush.

Yesterday, I found out that I am a 'Mashup Glamette' at the The Friday Mashup! To see my original post, click here.



Now onto today's challenge:



It was my pick this week and I chose a photo of a knitted tea cozy. What a neat idea! I'm a tea drinker and i think this would be a handy thing to have! It was made by a Canadian crafter from Alberta. Check out her shop on Etsy!



The colours in this photo caught my eye. I decided to use Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit for my colour combo (with some added neutrals). I used the Mojo Monday sketch this week as a guide.


The layers in this sketch are great!  I used the appropriate stamp set, Tea Shoppe, snipping out the stamped tea cup and popping it up to give the card some dimension. I stamped the tea cup a second time on a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock, snipped out the flowers and popped them up on the tea cup. I love the 3-dimensional look!

 
 
The flagged banners on the one side of the card are created using a 1" square punch. I saw this idea on another blog as I was browsing one day (unfortunatley, I can no longer remember where I found it...), and I thought it was brilliant! Simply punch out a 1" square from cardstock or designer paper, cut the square piece in half and flag the ends. How clever is that? To embellish the card I added small pearls to the flowers and underneath the sentiment, as well as a large brass button with bakers twine.



Thanks for stopping by!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Tea Shoppe, Petite Pairs
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Print Poetry DSP
Ink: Gumball Green, Soft Suede
Tools: 1" Square punch, Circles nestabilities
Accessories: Pearls (Michael's), Brass Button, Bakers Twine (CTMH)

No comments:

Post a Comment