Friday 24 May 2013

Inspired By... Watermelon!

Welcome to another card challenge!


For today's challenge, Karly chose a summery inspiration photo of delicious watermelon.

IB #19

Now this may be delicious to a lot of people, however, I can't say I'm a big fan of watermelon... It definitely isn't my most favourite fruit. But, it does remind me of summer! I was inspired to make some fun punch art and use the colours in the photo as well.
I used the fabulous sketch from Stampin Royalty as the base of my design. This sketch has great layers and I thought it would be perfect for the idea I had in mind.


I used Daffodil Delight polka dot designer paper for the background and layered different patterned Melon Mambo designer paper on top. Organza ribbon is wrapped around the card front and the stamped word "sweet" hangs from it. Here's how it turned out:

 

I found this punch art watermelon idea on Stampin' Connection, designed by Laura Haffke (visit her blog) and absolutely loved it! What another great use for the Petite Pennant Builder punch! I sponged Melon Mambo ink on the top half and Gumball Green on the bottom strip. The seeds are punched from the Lace Ribbon border punch.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Whisper White, Polka Dot Parade DSP, Brights DSP
Ink: Melon Mambo, Gumball Green
Tools: Petite Pennant Builder punch, Lace Ribbon border punch, Word Window punch, Circles nestabilities
Accessories: Melon Mambo organza ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment