Monday 6 May 2013

Try Stampin' on Tuesday Challenge #16 -- A Birthday Card for a Boy

What a great weekend it was! The weather was just perfect! I spent a LOT of time in the sun (maybe a bit too much, as I now look like a tomato :P).  My hubby and I went on quite a few walks with our dog and I sat in one of those gravity lounge chairs in our backyard for most of the afternoon yesterday and Saturday. It was fabulous!
I also managed to clean up our apartment Saturday morning (it has been neglected for far too long!). My craft area is finally clean! I'm now at the point of organizing my supplies. Paper is my biggest issue -- I have too much and so little space to put it all! I'm working on organizing it by Stampin Up colour. Once I'm finished I will share with you!

A friend has asked me to make birthday cards for kids. I had a look through the challenges this week and decided to use the new Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch challenge for my card today.


It's a nice and simple layout. I layered the card front with cardstock and designer paper in Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Pumpkin Pie -- perfect colours for a boy's birthday card!


I stamped a car image, fussy-cut it, and popped it up using dimensionals. I also popped up the word "beep!". I always find it somewhat challenging to make cards for boys, or men in general, but I think this card turned out quite well - it is so cute for a little boy!


Thanks for looking!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Fast and Furious (CTMH), Loved Ones
Paper: Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Regals DSP, Polka Dot Parade DSP
Ink: Night of Navy
Tools: Circles Nestabilities, Word Window punch

No comments:

Post a Comment