Thursday 2 May 2013

Two Birthdays in One Day!

Today is another day to celebrate - two birthdays in one day!

My older brother, Jason, celebrates a birthday today! Jason currently lives in Mississauga, ON and works as an Engineer Technician. He's an active guy and loves the outdoors! In just a couple days he is on his way to Hawaii for 10 days! Lucky guy! Here's a pic of me and Jay 4 years ago:


I thought he would like a card with a little bit of nature, so I made a duplicate of a card that I created a couple years ago.


I love this doe and fawn stamp! It has a lot of detail in it and looks so realistic. I found this stamp at a craft store in London, ON a couple years ago. I used the 'quilting technique' for the background. There are a few different ways of doing this technique. For this card, I simply cut a piece of cardstock in the size of a matte for the card front, punched out 1-1/4" squares in designer paper (in this case, I used Well Worn DSP) and glued them onto the piece of cardstock. I then sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink to distress it a bit.


I really like this look and it makes such a simple background! It's a great way to use up scraps of paper you have lying around (and I have lots!!)

Another birthday to celebrate -- my coworker, George, turns 75 today! George is a funny character. He loves puttering around at our shop and joking around with his coworkers. He has a way of brightening our day and putting smiles on our faces :) Last year, for his birthday I made him a tool belt card (he loves woodworking as a hobby. In fact, he made my easel that I use for my craft fair booth - it's awesome!). This year, I decided to do something a little different. Another one of his hobbies is golfing. So I thought it would be fun to make a golf punch art card. I used an easel card fold using these simple instructions. And here's how it turned out:

 

The hills are cut free-hand in different shades of green cardstock. The sky is sponged with Bashful Blue ink (I masked the clouds - the shape comes from the Cupcake Builder punch) and the trees were punched out using the Pennant Builder punch. The flag is cut free-hand. I stamped the numbers '75' in Chocolate Chip ink, fussy-cut them, and popped them up to give the card some dimension. In order to make the card front stand upright, I stuck a button on the front panel.


Thanks for looking! Make sure to return tomorrow for a new KCRR challenge!

Card Ingredients for the 'Deer' Birthday Card:
Stamps: Doe & Fawn (craft store in London, ON), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Well Worn DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Tools: Word Window Punch, 1-1/4" Square punch

Card Ingredients for Easel Birthday Card:
Stamps: Memorable Moments
Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip
Tools: Ovals nestabilities, Pennant Builder punch, Cupcake Builder punch, 1/2" Circle punch
Accessories: Bronze button, Linen Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment