Wednesday 5 June 2013

Inspired By... Eye Shadow!

This week is getting busier and busier! So much to do and so little time. But that will make our vacation that much more worth it in the end!

Today we introduce a new "Inspired By..." challenge!


Karly chose a fun and colourful inspirational photo this week!


At first I wasn't sure how I would design my card using this photo as there is quite a few different colours and shapes! I decided to pick one of the squares and use that as inspiration. I chose the 4-colour eye shadow in the bottom right corner. I like how soft and subtle these colours are together. It's perfect for a wedding card or bridal shower card. I used a fun sketch from Sketch Saturday and a wedding theme from Stampin Up Only.



SUO Challenge #72 – Time for June Weddings!


 I pulled out my Love & Laughter stamp set - my new favourite for wedding cards and used the dress stamp as the central image. I used Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla for my colour combo. My card came together so nicely!



I used the rock n' roll technique for the dress to make the edges stand out a bit more. I added detail by embossing the card front with little hearts, adding some crochet ribbon and scattered pearls. I just love how this card turned out!



Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to visit Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!

Note: We will be taking a 3 week break from KCRR and Inspired By as I am going on a road trip and Karly will be on vacation as well!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Love & Laughter
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede Pink Pirouette
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Tools: 3/4" Circle punch, 1" Circle punch
Accessories: Victoria Crochet Trim ribbon, Pearls (Michael's), Small Hearts Embossing Folder

2 comments:

  1. What a fab card. Love the colour combo and a great take on our sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors that you used for this fabulous wedding card!! The embossing, crochet lace and pearls are the perfect touch- thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete