Monday 3 June 2013

RS#66 {A Cup of Thanks}

It has been a relaxing and very productive weekend! I had a great time chatting with my younger sister on Skype Friday night. I miss her! It was nice to catch up and 'hang out' like old times. Saturday was spent cleaning our 4Runner, doing laundry, and packing for our road trip (we leave this Friday - yay!). Sunday, after an enjoyable walk, I spent most of the day papercrafting.

And to top it off, a couple of my cards were chosen as honorable mentions last week:

 

To see the original post, click here.


To see the original post, click here.


For today's card, I'm playing along with a new RetroSketches challenge.


I like the simplicity of this sketch! I rotated it to make it fit my design. The chevron shapes reminded me of the Tea for Two DSP. I cut the chevrons out of the designer paper and chose cardstock to match it. The edges of the Lucky Limeade piece are distressed and a little detail is added to the Very Vanilla cardstock using paper piercing. The tea cups are stamped, cut out, and stacked on top of each other.

 
 
Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment :)
 
Tomorrow we have a new KCRR challenge! (it has been moved up a couple days this week and it will also be our last one for a few weeks as I leave for our road trip this weekend!)
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Tea Shoppe
Paper: So Saffron, Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla, Tea for Two DSP
Ink: Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, So Saffron
Tools: Distress Tool, Paper Piercing Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment