Wednesday 24 July 2013

A Masculine Birthday Card

Today we celebrate our brother, Jordan on his 31st Birthday! Jordan is a smart geologist, currently working on getting his PhD. He loves all things rocks and gems. Last year, for his 30th birthday, I made a card in the shape of a rock and on the inside put little 'gems' (rhinestones). Unfortunately, I can't find the picture of it! This year, I had a bit of a tough time thinking of a new design, but knowing that he also loves nature, I pulled out my "Lovely as a Tree" stamp set and made this card:


Masculine cards are not always the easiest to design, but I just love how this one turned out! I used a past sketch from "My Favourite Things" as a guide.


I first coloured the stamp with Chocolate Chip and Old Olive markers, stamped it and cut the image into 3 panels. The background is embossed with a square lattice pattern and cardstock and DSP is layered on top of it. I completed the card with a simple birthday sentiment.


Thanks for visiting! Stop by tomorrow for a new KCRR challenge!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, All Holidays (ret.)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Tools: Square Lattice embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment