Tuesday 23 July 2013

A Simple Thank You Card

Another great weekend has come and gone. One of the highlights was a sunny afternoon at the beach/lake! We took a drive to Purden Lake (about an hour east of PG). It's a beautiful lake! However, there isn't much of a sandy beach. I guess I was spoiled back in Ontario where you can find a nice sandy beach just minutes from home!

We thought we'd take Keta along... let's just say she was not a big fan of learning how to swim. Here she is holding onto Kevin for dear life!

 
And doing a panic swim back to shore:
 


I also had a chance to make several cards on the weekend and today I'm going to share a simple thank you card that has become one of my favourites:


I love this layout! I keep a binder of past sketches from different card challenge sites (It's a great reference when I come across a creative block and need some inspiration). I chose an older sketch from Mojo Monday for this card.

 
I picked a piece of designer paper from the Spice Cake DSP collection and chose my colour combo based on that. The Triple Treat Flower stamp works really well as the central image in this card. I made it 3D by popping up each layer of the flower. The background is speckled using the Spritzer and an Early Espresso marker.
 
 


Thanks for stopping by!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Triple Treat Flower, Fundamental Phrases
Paper: Pool Party, More Mustard, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Spice Cake DSP
Ink: Soft Suede, Pool Party, More Mustard
Tools: Circles Nestabilities, Scallop Circles Nestabilities, Corner Rounder punch, Fancy Flower punch, Five Petal Flower punch, 1/2" Circle punch, Scallop Edged Border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment