Wednesday 31 July 2013

A Special Birthday and a New KCRR Challenge!

Today I wish my wonderful sister, Esther, a very Happy Birthday! She is one of the most important people in my life and I don't know what I would do without her! Even though we are 5 years apart, we have managed to keep a close sister/friend relationship and I am so grateful for that. Living on opposite sides of the country, I miss her a lot and look forward to the day when we can live closer together! That being said, she and her husband, Tim, are flying for a visit tomorrow!! I cannot wait to see them!!



I will share the birthday card I made for her at a later date!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto this week's KCRR challenge!

 
The chosen items for this week are:
 
Baby Girl
Small Heart Punch
 
This is a perfect combination! I wanted to use the new In-Colours from Stampin Up (I just love them this year!), as well as the adorable baby stamp set called "Little Additions". I used an older sketch from My Favourite Things and this is what I came up with:
 
 
My favourite part is the ruffled ribbon! I used Crisp Cantaloupe and Baked Brown Sugar (don't these colours sound tasty??) and layered cardstock and designer paper to create the layout. The small heart is popped up using dimensionals and a rhinestone is added to embellish it. I've also distressed the edges of the cardstock and sponged them with ink.
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting! Don't forget to stop by Karly's Creations to see how she used these two elements in her card!
 
Come back tomorrow for a new "Inspired By..." challenge!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Little Additions
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe
Tools: Small Heart Punch, Distress Tool, Word Window punch
Accessories: Ruffled Ribbon, Rhinestone (Michaels)



No comments:

Post a Comment