Tuesday 30 July 2013

So Worth the Wait x2

Monday was one crazy busy day! So glad it's over! However, I have a feeling this whole week is going to be super busy. That just means my vacation next week will feel all the more rewarding!

I had a request from a friend to make a 'congratulations' card for twin baby girls. It took me a bit to think of a design, and then I remembered a card I made a while ago using the cute little pig from Button Buddies and the sentiment "So Worth the Wait" from Word Play. Click here for the original post. I decided to remake this card, adding another piggy for the twin girls. I used similar designer paper and the same colour combo.


As I did in my original design, I added little bows to each piggy. And instead of buttons, I added candy dots to embellish the card. (I love that Stampin Up came out with these new candy dots! I know I will be using them a lot!)

 
I added a strip of DSP on the inside of the card for an added touch. I love the idea of decorating the inside of the card and I think I may do this more often, even if it is just as simple as adding a strip of DSP.
 
 
 



Since this is a 5" x 5" greeting card, I needed to make an envelope for it. So, being that I love to match things, I used the same DSP that is on the card for the envelope as well.
 
This is one of my favourite baby cards!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Button Buddies, Word Play
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Nursery Nest DSP
Ink: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip
Tools: Circles Nestabilities, Scallop Circles nestabilities, Distress tool
Accessories: Blushing Bride candy dots, Early Espresso bakers twine

No comments:

Post a Comment