Monday 8 July 2013

Happy Birthday to a Special Girl!

After saying goodbye to my hubby and the in-laws on Friday night, it felt pretty quiet here at home. However, I enjoyed some 'me' time and got lots of crafting done! Also, the weather was beautiful! I took Keta on a number of walks around the neighbourhood and soaked up the sun.

Yesterday was a special day - my neice, Avalien, turned 8 years old! She is such a funny, sensitive, sweet girl and she's growing up so fast! I remember when I met her for the first time back in 2005...


She was such an adorable little bundle of joy! And as she grew older she got cuter and cuter...




Here's wishing her an awesome year ahead!

I handmade a card that I thought would be perfect for her...

 
From what I know of Avalien, she loves 'princessy' things - dressing up, jewelry, etc. She is definitely a girly girl :) I created a crown using my cricut and the "Storybook" cartridge. I added rhinestones for some extra sparkle. The words "Birthday Girl" are also cut using the cricut.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
Paper: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Subtles DSP, Brights DSP
Ink: Rose Red
Tools: Scallop Trim Border punch, Circles Nestabilities, Cricut, Storybook Cartridge
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's)


No comments:

Post a Comment