Friday 19 July 2013

IB #23 {Cute as a Bug}

After a long week of being stuck in the office while the sun is shining and temps are hot, it'll be nice to spend some time outside this weekend! Looking forward to an afternoon at the beach, lounging in the backyard, and long walks with my hubby and Keta. Best to take advantage of the hot weather while it's here!

Today's "Inspired By..." challenge introduces a beautiful nature photo that Karly took. Gorgeous purple flowers with a cute little lady bug!

 

I thought of the grasses stamp in the "Inspired By Nature" stamp set. I love the purple flowers in this picture so I picked Perfect Plum and paired it with Old Olive and Crumb Cake. To help me with my design, I turned to Freshly Made Sketches. They have a great sketch this week!
 
The little ladybug was stamped, cut out and popped up. I love the pop of red in this card! I stamped the sentiment in Real Red as well, to make it stand out. The edges of each piece of cardstock and DSP are sponged with ink to soften the look. A button is added to embellish the card.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to visit Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Inspired By Nature, Bugs & Hugs (CTMH), sentiment - unknown
Paper: Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Whisper White, Subtles DSP
Accessories: Old Olive button, Green bakers twine

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful this is! Love that ladybug! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete