Tuesday 2 July 2013

Mojo Monday Celebration!

It certainly feels like Monday today (so happy that it's not :)) - love 4-day work weeks!
We had such a great weekend! It was nice and relaxing to be able to stay at home and not travel anywhere this time around. I got lots of housecleaning done and also got my craft on! :) Yesterday was a fun day! First off, it was 34 degrees (love it!). My hubby and I decided to check out the Canada Day celebrations at Fort George park in town. They had lots of fun booths to look at it, including my favourite - Orange U Creative. She makes beautiful feather jewelry/head pieces. I love her work! There was an orchestra performing and lots of good food. Following that we went on a float on the river with a couple friends (a must-do in Prince George!). It was the perfect day for it! As I said in my earlier post, we recently purchased a 5-person tube. It worked out great! It was a good trial run and we can't wait to go again! Finish the day off with delicious food at a BBQ with friends and we were ready to hit the sack when we got home!

In the midst of the fun, I managed to make a card for Mojo Monday. They are celebrating #300 this week with lots of prizes from some fabulous paper crafting companies!
I love the sketch this week!

I've been looking for inspiration in my cardmaking books that I have stored in my craft room, but rarely look at it. They have some great ideas not only for layouts for colour combos! I used Chocolate Chip, Island Indigo, Certainly Celery, Tangerine Tango, and Very Vanilla to create this card:

 
I absolutely love how it turned out! Distressing is a technique I've been using in a lot of card creations lately (you will see them this week). I love the effect it has. I sponged the edge of each cardstock/DSP piece with Chocolate Chip ink (with the exception of the sentiment, which was sponged with Island Indigo ink). The Certainly Celery piece of cardstock was embossed with the square lattice folder. I picked DSP from one of my favourite collections (that is now retired) - Summer Smooches! The stamped flower comes from a new hostess set called "Simply Sketched". I added a few embellishments to complete the card.
 



Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Simply Sketched, Petite Pairs
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Tangerine Tango, Summer Smooches
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Island Indigo
Tools: Circles Nestabilities, Square Lattice embossing folder, Distress tool
Accessories: Tangerine Tango button, Island Indigo bakers twine, Pearls (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment