Wednesday 10 July 2013

Proverbs 3:5

Today's card features another quote from Stampin Up's 'Trust God' stamp set. This stamp set has become one of my favourites. It has so many encouraging quotes that can be used to brighten someone's day or let someone know you are thinking of them.

One of my favourite Bible verses comes from Proverbs -- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight" (vv. 3:5-6). I try to live up to this verse in my daily life but often struggle with it. It's a challenge for me to put my complete trust in God and his plan for my future. I have come to realize that God is bigger than any problem or time of uncertainty that I may face. That gives me a sense of hope and relief, knowing that God is in control.

When I saw this verse in the 'Trust God' stamp set, I knew I just had to add this to my collection. I kept the card design simple with the focus on this verse. Here's how it turned out:


I added some texture by embossing the Old Olive piece of cardstock with my go-to embossing folder - square lattice. The striped Midnight Muse DSP is a nice contrast to the Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive. I added orange bakers twine and buttons to embellish the card.


 
Thanks for stopping by! After taking a long break, we finally have a new KCRR challenge tomorrow! Stay tuned :)
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Trust God
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, In-Colour 2011-2013 DSP
Ink: Midnight Muse
Tools: Square Lattice embossing folder
Accessories: Orange bakers twine (CTMH), Pumpkin Pie buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment