Thursday 1 August 2013

Inspired By... a Rainbow of Butterflies!

Today's the day I get to pick up my sister and brother-in-law from the airport! It'll be so good to see them again (a year is too long!). After enjoying the upcoming weekend just relaxing here in PG, we have planned a camping trip to Lake Louise/Revelstoke/Clearwater area next week - so excited! 

Time for a new inspirational challenge!

This week it was Karly's pick. She chose a bright and colourful photo for inspiration:


How pretty is this?? My first thought was to use the "Beautiful Wings" embossing folder. I picked subtle neutrals for the card front (Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla) so that the colourful butterflies would stand out.

 
My thinking was to closely resemble the final product in the picture above and I think I did just that! I added the simple, but fun sentiment from "Blooming Marvelous" and embellished it with rhinestones to complete the card. I love how bright and cheerful this card is!
 
 
 
What do you think?
 
Make sure to hop on over to Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!
 
I'm taking a break from blogging for the next couple weeks as I spend time with my sister and brother-in-law. I look forward to sharing with you when I return!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Blooming Marvelous
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Island Indigo
Tools: Beautiful Wings embossing folder
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment