Tuesday 3 September 2013

End of Summer and a Bridal Shower Card

Another road trip has come and gone and the summer is quickly coming to an end. But what a fantastic summer it has been! I've enjoyed many adventures with Kevin and family, from a road trip down to California, to a visit with my sister and brother-in-law, and several mini vacations in between. So many awesome memories that I will never forget! Looking forward to scrapbooking the thousands of beautiful photos!

Here are a few photos of our weekend in sunny Okanagan:

Kal Beach on Kalamalka Lake

Sitting on the pier enjoying the sunshine :)

Sun peaking through the trees on our campsite
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
A couple weeks ago, a friend asked me to make a bridal shower card with the bride's wedding colours: lime green, black, and purple. Well, I have to say, this was a bit of a challenge for me! Bridal shower cards are not always the easiest to make, but I did some brainstorming and Pinterest-browsing and came up with this design:
 


It took a while for this card to grow on me, but now I really like it! I created a square 5" x 5" card and used Lucky Limeade, Basic Black and Elegant Eggplant for the colour combo. I hung a couple banners from the 'clothes line', one with the stamped sentiment "bridal shower" and the other with a heart clip embellishment. I stamped an umbrella from the "Rain or Shine" stamp set and added small flowers in purple with pearls in the middle of each flower. The sentiment "celebrate" is stamped on a decorative image that is clipped on with a mini clothes pin.

 
As you can see, I've also added some detail to the inside of the card. Here's a closer look:


 
And finally, a handmade envelope to go with the card:
 
 
 
Tomorrow I will share with you the wedding card I made in the same colours!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases, Rain or Shine
Paper: Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, 2011-2013 In-Colour DSP
Ink: Black Staz-On, Lucky Limeade
Tools: Itty Bitty punch, Distress tool
Accessories: Cute Clip, Pearls (Michael's), Mini Clothespin, Black bakers twine (CTMH), Hemp twine

No comments:

Post a Comment