Monday 30 September 2013

Owl Punch Art: Pumpkin & Pirate Halloween Costumes

After abandoning my blog for a couple weeks, I'm back with a new post!

Last weekend we kicked off the fall season with a camping trip in Jasper, Alberta. It was fun to catch up with family, see some wildlife and beautiful scenery, enjoy the great outdoors, and cozy up around the campfire (it was a bit chilly!). I feel so blessed to have the opportunities to see so many awesome sights in western Canada! God's creation is amazing!

With camping/holiday season behind us, I can now focus on preparing for the upcoming craft fairs. A lot of my free time lately has been devoted to cardmaking, but I continue to enjoy it! Papercraft ideas seem to be endless - so many techniques, punch art, and designs I want to try!

For part of the weekend I focused on Halloween cards. These are so fun to make! I hope to share them throughout the next couple weeks. Today's card features adorable punch art using the owl builder punch, which was inspired by this blog post.

 
How cute are these little guys? I love that Owl Builder punch - so fun to use and so versatile! I used the new sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge as the base design for my card.
 
 
Layers of cardstock and designer paper in Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray and Basic Black cover the card front. The pumpkin owl was simply created using the Owl Builder punch, 1" Circle punch for the pumpkin and Scallop Circle punch for the wings. The pirate owl is created using the Owl Builder punch and Halloween designer paper. The hat is the Owl Builder punch cut in half (genius, right?). (I made similar pirate owls for a couple birthday cards a while back -- click here to see the original post).
 

 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Soft Suede, Neutrals DSP, Howlstooth & Scarinbone DSP, Witches' Brew DSP, Whisper White
Ink: Staz-On Black
Tools: Owl Builder punch, 1" Circle punch, Scallop Circle punch

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant! Love love love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card! Those owls are the cutest - fabulous take on the sketch this week!!

    ReplyDelete