Monday 14 October 2013

Gobble-Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers out there! Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weekend! Here in northern BC, it has been beautiful and sunny! Yesterday we took a hike through "Forests for the World", a local park. The fall colours were bright and there was not a cloud in the sky!


 

Today I'm going to share a Thanksgiving card that I made last year, using punch art. I got inspiration from a post I found on Pinterest (can't seem to find the post, unfortunately) and created my own version of a comical turkey!

 
The feathers are punched in Cajun Craze, More Mustard and Real red using a Small Oval punch. The head is also punched with a Small Oval as well, and the body is the 1-3/4" Circle punch. Scallop Circles are used for the front wings. The beak is a petal from the Five-Petal Flower punch and for the wattle I used the small heart from the Heart to Heart punch. The feet are the Word Window punch cut in half.
 
 
It's a bit tedious to put together, but I love the end result!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebrations today! I am missing family in Ontario, but I'm so thankful I can spend it with my husband, Kevin, and dog, Keta! We are having a nice quiet weekend together! At this time of year, I am reminded to give thanks for all the countless blessings God has given us! I think of this verse and even though we may want different circumstances at this point in our lives, we need to be thankful for what God has provided for us:
 
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: More Mustard, Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Basic Black, Orchard Harvest DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Tools: Scallop Circle punch, 1-3/4" Circle punch, Small Oval punch, Word Window punch, 1/2" Circle punch, 1-hole punch, Five Petal Flower punch, Heart to Heart punch, Modern Label punch, Circles Nestabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment