Monday 28 October 2013

Halloween Themed Challenge - Card #1

It was nice to have a relaxing weekend after a fun, crazy busy week! After getting the house cleaned up and organized last Monday, we had an unexpected visit from family for a few days! Our brother & sister-in-law and their two kids thought they would take a detour up to Prince George. It was so good to see them! We had a great time - short, but sweet :) My hubby and I then went on a date night to see Great Big Sea in concert! What an awesome show it was!
I then took advantage of this past weekend to catch up on some much needed sleep and get my craft on! (only two weeks till the next craft fair!)

Since Halloween is quickly approaching, I thought I would play along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:
 
HALLOWEEN  or HALLOWEEN COLOURS
 

For this card, I pulled out my favourite Halloween stamp set -- Googly Ghouls (can't get enough of these cute characters!). I love using Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black for Halloween and was happy to see that this orange was in the new "Witches Brew" DSP from Stampin Up!
 


Black striped ribbon wraps around the card front. The mummy and sentiment are cut out free-hand and popped up to give the card some dimension. I added googly eyes to both characters to complete the card.


 
Thanks for stopping by! I hope to share another Halloween card tomorrow!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Googly Ghouls, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Witches Brew DSP
Ink: Staz-On Black
Tools: Circles Nestabilities, Scallop Circles Nestabilities
Accessories: Black Grosgrain Ribbon, googly eyes

1 comment:

  1. Fabuous card Charissa, super cute and just perfect for our challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete