Friday 11 October 2013

Inspired By... Shades of Pink!

Not only is it the Friday before the long weekend, but it is also the day we introduce a new "Inspired By..." challenge! 


Today's Inspired By... photo was chosen by Karly - a creative photo found on Pinterest:



I love the monochromatic pinks in this photo. I decided to use that as the inspiration for my card. I chose an older sketch from "Seize the Sketch" (a new sketch challenge blog that has become one of my favourite go-to's for inspiration).


I love the hexagon shape trend that I've seen in papercraft projects lately and wanted to give it a try for myself. Here's how it all came together:

 

I stamped the hexagons in shades of darker pink to lighter pink. Each hexagon is cut free-hand, but I just recently ordered the new hexagon punch from Stampin Up which will make this so much easier! Strips of Raspberry Ripple cardstock are placed on top of the hexagon design. I then added a birthday sentiment and embellished the card with small embossed butterflies, a flower and rhinestone. I love the end result - this has become one of my favourite designs! I may try this one a few times using different colour combos. 

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to play along! Post a link to your blog below - I'd love to see what you create! 

And don't forget to head on over to Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Honeycomb (CTMH), Loved Ones
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette
Tools: Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, Itty Bitty Shapes flower punch
Accessories: Rhinestone

No comments:

Post a Comment